Jamstack 101: Getting Started with Nuxt.js, Vue.js and Headless CMS
- Are you ready for building lightweight, blazing-fast web apps that can be scaled independently?
- Want to learn more about Headless CMS and Static Site Generators?
- Curious about Nuxt.js and Vue.js and want to add it to your portfolio?
Then this hands-on workshop is for you! It will be packed with goodness!
In this fast-pace workshop, we will launch a Nuxt.js blog with Headless CMS Agility together, from creating the project to the final deployment.
What you will learn:
- Foundations of Jamstack architecture and how to build static sites with Nuxt.js / Vue.
- How to use a Headless CMS like Agility for managing websites' content.
- How to set up Content, Pages, Preview, and Publish your content once the solution is deployed.
What is Jamstack?
Jamstack is not about specific technologies. It is the combination of underlying tooling that makes JAMstack so exciting. One of those tools is Nuxt.js by Vue!
What is Nuxt.js?
Nuxt.js is an app-level framework for building Vue.js applications that will make a developer’s life easier. The framework offers features like Server Side Rendering, Static Site Generation and automatic code splitting to make sure your front-end is production-ready and has great performance. The benefits of Nuxt.js are:
- Reduced time to interactivity
- Simplified and seamless experience to the application developer, who can develop UI portions of the application as if it were a more common Vue.js single file application.
- Git account
- Your favorite IDE (like Visual Studio Code)
- Cup of coffee :D Joel is fast-paced!
Guest: Alexander Lichter Alexander is a Developer, Founder, Speaker from Leipzig, Germany. For the frontend, Nuxt.js is his favorite choice, often in combination with a great CSS framework called TailwindCSS.
When not working on open-source projects, he gives talks and workshops, writes blog posts or helps other companies with regards to web development, mainly focussing on Vue.js and Nuxt.js.
Guest: Alexander Lichter
Alexander is a Developer, Founder, Speaker from Leipzig, Germany. For the frontend, Nuxt.js is his favorite choice, often in combination with a great CSS framework called TailwindCSS.
Host: Joel Varty is President at Agility CMS, a SaaS headless content management platform that combines flexible and fast Headless architecture with familiar and easy Authoring tools for editors. When it comes to cloud computing, development and software architecture, Joel is as good as they come. Follow Joel: Joel Varty (@joelvarty) / Twitter
Agility CMS, a Headless CMS that combines a fast flexible development environment with familiar authoring tools that both developers and marketers can love. The benefits of Agility CMS are:
- Built-in Page Management for amazing Editor Experience and SEO
- Headless architecture for easy omnichannel set up and multi-site deployments
- Jamstack friendly and API-based