Visit Orlando is the official tourism association for Orlando, the most-visited destination in the United States with over 1000 participating companies. Visit Orlando's digital strategy was in need a major revamp. Visit Orlando switched to Agility CMS in 2016 because their site and eCommerce CMS couldn’t handle the traffic and ticket demand they were receiving. After switching to Agility CMS, they saved a fortune on manual processes and saw an instant increase in revenue.
Headless ecommerce solution with Agility CMS increases revenue by 20%
visitorldando.com needed to increase engagement and conversion rate metrics to drive more ticket sales, both online and in their Visitor Centres.
Visit Orlando’s main goals were:
1 | To create a better user experience,
2 | To easily manage their content across all domains,
3 | To increase ticket sales while decreasing overall costs
4 | To personalize their marketing campaigns to a more targeted audience.
Visit Orlando's digital strategy was in need a major revamp and in 2016 their team began working with Agility CMS to build a plan to bring together all of their digital properties under one umbrella and to unify the processes for managing content.
Their major pain point was not converting enough ticket sales online.
- Staff had to manually issue tickets because their former site and eCommerce system couldn't handle a ton of traffic and would crash during their busy times.
- Tickets had to be processed in batches (once a day), and because of this, the staff was burdened with the workload while customers were upset that they couldn't purchase last minute tickets.
- This led to a ton of frustration, primarily causing inefficient admin processes and increased costs to run operations.
- What's more, the point of sale (POS) and online ticket purchasing flow was encountering a high decline rate from their online payment processor. Uptime on occasions such as Black Friday and the holiday seasons was also a significant concern.
Not only was it challenging to manage, but it was also expensive, both from a hosting/software licensing perspective as well as the stress of having to hire more staff to keep up with ticket demand.
To empower Visit Orlando content management tea and increate tickets sales, Agility CMS developed the custom solution with the following components:
- Multi-site, multi-channel Content Management
- Ecommerce with Online Ticket Sales
- POS Ticket Sales
On the first day after the roll-out of the new ticket purchasing website and POS solution, the team lead at Visit Orlando emailed us to show how much more revenue they have saved and increased, just by turning on the new website.
The user experience was immediately improved not only for the customers browsing online to purchase tickets, but also for the employees taking orders in person, and for the content management team using the backend.
Moving forward, the content team can breathe and roll out ticket purchases quicker and easier with the new POS system. They can also focus on adding new properties onto the platform, both as new website instances or as digital channels if they choose. This greatly reduces the cost of development and training since everyone is working from the same platform.
- Online Revenue was increased by 20%
- Conversion Rate on the website was increased by 10%
- Online Engagement increased by 25%
- CIO and Director both remarked that they had taken a 4-day weekend for Thanksgiving for the first time in many years!
Check Out Visit Orlando Site Here
Read More Customer Success stories
- Omnichannel Customer Experience for SCENE Rewards Program
"In December, my team had taken a 4-day weekend for Thanksgiving for the first time in many years, thanks to Agility CMS!" Shawn Hart, Director of Web Development & Enterprise Applications Visit Orlando
Ready to talk about your project and see a demo?
Come see how hundreds of people have realized how amazing Agility is.Chat with Us