ASP.Net DeveloperApply Now
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
- Department: Products and Services
- Type: Full-Time
We are very excited to find the right person for this Developer role! If you have the right experience, want to continue to learn and grow, enjoy working in a collaborative environment and want to work for an established business with a start-up culture, please apply today!
Agility CMS is the next generation of web content management systems. Cloud-based, agile and powerful, Agility CMS powers customer web and mobile sites that deliver content to over 5 million visitors per day.
We are looking for an intermediate developer with ASP.NET experience who can join our development team full-time. You will work under one of Canada’s best and brightest technical leaders and work on projects for big brand clients across a variety of industries that ultimately reach millions of consumers. You will learn to write high-performing code in a high-performance environment, while having fun at the same time.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Code, test, debug and document software solutions using appropriate processes, tools, frameworks, libraries, patterns, best practices and standards
- Working on a wide variety of projects from large-to-small for customers in a variety of industries
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing solutions and resolve these issues in in a timely and accurate manner
- Work in a team with other developers and Project Managers to develop the best solutions for internal projects and customers
- Reviewing your own code for quality prior to deploying to staging/live environments
- Scrum with co-workers on problems and help brainstorm best solutions for tricky issues
- 3+ years of ASP.NET development mandatory
- Client side experience with CSS3, jQuery, C# and ASP.NET MVC coding MANDATORY
- Experience with both web forms and MVC is an asset (MVC used for new projects)
- Experience with API development and service-oriented technologies (REST, XML, JSON)
- 3+ years of database development
- Experience with SQL server, T-SQL, MySQL and Entity framework.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and knowledge about different cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Other desired skillset: Web API, Bootstrap, Knockout JS, AngularJS
- Education: background in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science strongly preferred, but not mandatory
- You let your code do the talking
- Ability to take the lead on projects, but also work with others
- A mentality to find the best solution, even if there are some trade offs
- Great communicator - you're familiar with Scrum and can collaborate effectively with team members and customers, in person and in writing.
- Ability to look at a problem from both a business and technical angle
- Ability to build trusting relationships with co-workers and customers
- You have a desire for continuous learning and self-improvement
- 4 days instead of 3 for summer long weekends (May - September)
- Fully-stocked kitchen with the healthiest of snacks, and the city's best coffees and teas
- Paid company lunch outings every first Friday of the month and weekly catered breakfasts
- Monthly team-bonding events (Comedy show, Game Night, picnics)
- Quarterly full-day outings (monster truck show, go-carting, Wonderland, trip to the ski slopes)
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- Individually-tailored professional development opportunities
- Flex hours and casual working environment
- Comfy open-concept loft office that promotes teamwork and cross-department collaboration
- Large workstations with the iconic Herman Miller Aeron - world's most comfortable office chairs
- Lounge area with a flat screen, Nintendo Wii, games and a well-used ping-pong table
Please apply today if: you have the required experience, enthusiasm and love coming to work every day at a company that is changing an industry.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Please note we will be doing a reference check if you receive an offer.
- Our headquarters are located in the busy, bustling downtown core of Toronto – walking distance to the best food and shopping in the city.
- Agility CMS is an established business (13 years and counting) that boasts a casual, friendly startup vibe.
- Our management style focuses on learning and career advancement. Every employee is encouraged to move upwards and onwards.
- We offer a flexible working environment. At Agility, we work hard but we also understand life can't always be rigid.
- Our comfy open-concept loft office promotes and encourages teamwork, as well as cross-department collaboration.
- Our kitchen is fully-stocked with the healthiest of snacks, coffee, espresso, and tea to keep employees well-nourished.
- Team-bonding events – including Friday lunches (first of the month on Agility) and full-day outings (like a trip to the ski slopes).