Front End DeveloperApply Now
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
- Department: Products and Services
- Type: Full-Time
We are very excited to find the right person for this Developer role! If you have the right experience, want to continue to learn and grow, enjoy working in a collaborative environment and want to work for an established business with a start-up culture, please apply today!
Agility CMS is the next generation of web content management systems. Cloud-based, agile and powerful, Agility CMS powers customer web and mobile sites that deliver content to over 5 million visitors per day.
We are looking for a front end developer who can join our team full-time. You will work under one of Canada’s best and brightest technical leaders and work on projects for big brand clients across a variety of industries that ultimately reach millions of consumers.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Working on a wide variety of projects from large-to-small for customers in in a variety of industries.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing solution and resolve these issues in in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work in a team with other developers and Project Managers to develop the best solutions for internal projects and customers.
- Reviewing your own code for quality prior to deploying to staging or production environments.
- Scrum with co-workers on problems and help brainstorm best solutions for tricky issues.
- Ability to produce pixel perfect implementations of responsive design based on .PSD files
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with MVVM frameworks such as: Knockout JS, AngularJS
- Familiarity with Bootstrap or PureCSS frameworks.
- Experience with LESS or SASS
- Experience with API development and service-oriented technologies (REST, XML, JSON)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and knowledge about different cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Experience with both web forms and MVC considered an asset (MVC used for new projects)
- 1-2 years of ASP.NET development considered a bonus
- Education: background in Software Engineering or Design strongly preferred, but not required
- Ability to take the lead on projects, but also work with others
- You're detail oriented and found the spelling error in this description - be sure to note it when you apply
- Great communicator - you're familiar with Scrum and can collaborate effectively with team members and customers, in person and in writing
- You have a passion for design
- Ability to build trusting relationships with co-workers and customers
- You have a desire for continuous learning and self-improvement
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- 4 days instead of 3 for summer long weekends (May - September)
- Fully-stocked kitchen with the healthiest of snacks, and the city's best coffees and teas
- Paid company lunch outings every first Friday of the month
- Monthly team-bonding events (comedy shows, game night, picnics)
- Quarterly full-day outings (monster truck show, go-carting, Wonderland, trip to the ski slopes)
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- Individually-tailored professional development opportunities
- Flex hours and casual working environment
- Comfy open-concept loft office that promotes teamwork and cross-department collaboration
- Lounge area with a flat screen, Nintendo Wii, games and a well-used ping-pong table
Please apply today if: you have the required experience, enthusiasm and would love to come to work every day for a company that is transforming an industry.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Please note we will be doing a reference check if you receive an offer.
- Our headquarters are located in the busy, bustling downtown core of Toronto – walking distance to the best food and shopping in the city.
- Agility CMS is an established business (13 years and counting) that boasts a casual, friendly startup vibe.
- Our management style focuses on learning and career advancement. Every employee is encouraged to move upwards and onwards.
- We offer a flexible working environment. At Agility, we work hard but we also understand life can't always be rigid.
- Our comfy open-concept loft office promotes and encourages teamwork, as well as cross-department collaboration.
- Our kitchen is fully-stocked with the healthiest of snacks, coffee, espresso, and tea to keep employees well-nourished.
- Team-bonding events – including Friday lunches (first of the month on Agility) and full-day outings (like a trip to the ski slopes).